CANOR AI 1.10
• is an integrated tube amplifier with entirely new topology equipped with KT88 high-power tubes
• the aim of the development was to merge the best sound characteristics of previous models together. The amplifier operates in a pure class A with an autobias function, and with a cathode feedback. This new amplifier features instant switching between a triode mode and an ultralinear mode.
• a massive welded metal structure eliminates mechanical vibrations
• Along with all our products also the AI1.10 benefits from our premium CMT ™ technology (CANOR ® PCB Milling Technology), it is the way we mill printed circuit boards.
• CMT ™ technology originated in a long-standing endeavour to improve the sonic performance of our products.
• CMT ™ technology allows us to get nearer the dielectric loss factors (loss tangent) of printed circuit boards towards the loss factor of air, as in tube wirings high impedances are being used, and every tangent deterioration (likewise in capacitors) does hurt sonic imaging.
• Thanks to this technology we managed to get to the parameter level of the so-called “wire to wire connections“, only with a use of very expensive and high-quality wires with teflon insulation. We can keep to the parameters in repetitive production with 100% geometric distribution (which is impossible in “wire to wire connections”).The relay attenuator was further revamped in AI1.10 and now contains two independent blocks for each particular channel which has improved already a very good channel separation.
• This kind of volume control is being used in competing amplifiers only in a much higher price range. We were developing this attenuator for more than a year, and were examining various T-network and PI-network principles of different impedances, untill we had developed an attenuator that met our initial requirements, namely, gain control by 1dB, minimum attenuation of 63dB, as small number of contacts through which the signal passes as possible.
• For instance there is a similar solution, but with T-network in place where the signal passes through 12 relay contacts, and always independently of selected volume. Our solution demonstrates signal passing through 0 up to 6 relay contacts depending upon volume. This solution has proven to be the best also in listening and audible tests we had carried out. Deviation between sync of left and right channel of attenuator is lower than 0.05dB, this outclasses even the best potentiometers.
• The advantages of having an accurate volume attenuator have been used for designing a special C-link bus line for a synchronous volume control of two AI1.10 amplifiers.
• This technological tweak enables to use two amplifiers in a monoblock mode without a need to use an extra preamplifier. In this monoblock mode two amplifiers gets connected to each other via C-link bus line using a special cable- then one of the amplifiers becomes a master and the other one a slave and all the information is being transmitted synchronously, either volume control command or input selection of a slave amplifier. This mode enables to select two XLR inputs.
• By using an additional tube shielding and overall topology of the printed circuit board and the CMT ™ technology we have achieved crosstalk being 4dB better compared to our previous models. This fact along with an accuracy of the attenuator control delivers excellent soundstage of a recording and renders the soundstage the way it was recorded.
• a control section which operates the entire amplifier (input switching, volume control, soft-start of the whole amplifier) is fed and separated by a standalone winding
• primary and a secondary winding is separated by a grounded copper foil (with 50% winding overhang) which prevents penetration of noise voltages from the mains
• anode voltage is filtered by premium capacitors with high capacitance which deliver energy to drive accurate and tight basses
• one of the most important parts of a tube amplifier, an output transformer, has several bifilar windings which are lined up in sections to maximise power bandwidth
• we only used high-quality polypropylene capacitors in the signal path
• Input and output terminals are gold-plated. Input RCA connectors are gold-plated and teflon insulated.
• we have developed unique measuring and burn-in devices on which we select and match only the best audio vacuum tubes in order to maintain their long durability and stability
• All aluminium models are manufactured in black and in silver finish. Both machines are equipped with unified remote control.
2 x 40 W /4,8Ohm – ultralinear (THD < 3%)
2 x 20W /4,8 Ohm -triode (THD < 3%)
|Inputs sensitivity||500 mV|
|Frequency range||10 – 50 000 Hz ±0,5dB / 5 W|
|Inputs impedance||30 kOhm|
|Harmonic distortion||<0,05 % /1 kHz, 5 W|
|Signal-to-noise ratio||> 95 dB|
|Tube complement||1x 12AX7 , 2x 12AT7, 4x KT88|
|Power||230 V / 50 Hz|
|Dimensions (w x h x d)||435 x 170 x 465 mm|