TP306 VR +
- The CANOR TP306 VR+ is an uncompromising all-tube MM/MC phono stereo preamplifier containing as many as seven tubes, hereof, one vacuum tube used to rectify anode voltage.
- In a phono preamplifier there are extremely small signals that are being processed, therefore the preamplifier is the most sensitive component to mechanical and electric interferences.
- The TP306 VR+ is designed to deliver the highest possible audio quality performance, made of massive welded metal structure, additionally reinforced with internal crossbars that also have the function to electrically shield particular channels and a power supply.
- As one of the few manufacturers we use special rubber spacers to prevent mechanical vibrations from affecting audio vacuum tubes, these spacers also cushion printed circuit boards.
- In order to achieve the best signal-to-noise ratio we used extreme tenfold filtration, and stabilization of anode voltage.
- The first stage consists of two parallel 6SL7 triodes to reduce audible noise and ensure the highest possible gain.
- In the preamplifier there are used two passive RIAA corrections.
- The active part provides 40 db amplification at 1kHz. This gain is sufficient for the vast majority of MM phono pick-up cartridges. At the same time the whole circuit is without any global feedback, which results in excellent sonic performance but it lays enormous stress on proper selection of tubes. We therefore strongly recommend to solely use measured and matched tubes by CANOR company. These tubes are being burned-in and selected for every position in our preamplifier.
- We obviously designed the printed circuit boards by means of our premium CMT ™ technology.
- As in phono preamplifier very small signal amplitudes are being processed, these unique technology contributes even more than in our other products.
- This technology originated in a long-standing endeavour to improve the sonic performance of our products.
- Thanks to this technology we managed to get to the parameter level of the so-called “wire to wire connections“, only with a use of very expensive and high-quality wires with teflon insulation. We can keep to the parameters in repetitive production with 100% geometric distribution (which is impossible in “wire to wire”).
- CMT ™ technology allows us to get nearer the dielectric loss factors (loss tangent) of printed circuit boards to the loss factor of air, because in tube wirings high impedances are being used, and every tangent deterioration (likewise in capacitors) does hurt sonic imaging.
- The transformer core is vacuum-impregnated in order to remove mechanical hum, and the whole transformer is potted in a special antivibration material. Moreover, a cover in which the whole transformer is housed, produces effective electromagnetic shielding and is the main reason of excellent signal-to-noise ratio.
- Primary and secondary winding is separated by grounded copper foil (with double shielding) which prevents penetration of noise voltages from the mains.
- In the signal path, only high-quality Mundorf polypropylene capacitors are used.
- If a turntable is equipped with two tone arms, and on one cartridge is installed MM and on the other one MC cartridge, they may be connected together without any mutual interference.
- RCA MM or MC output can be selected at the rear panel by using toggle switches.
- The TP306 VR + provides enormous variety of gain adjustment and selection of correct resistance values and capacitances for all types of phono pick-up cartridges.These settings can be easily selected by means of switches at the rear panel.
- MC cartridges are being connected to the input of a preamplifier by Lundahl high-quality step-up transformer
|Input impedance MM||47 kOhm|
|Input capacitance MM||100pF/100pF/220pF/470pF|
|Gain MM||42 dB / 47 kOhms|
|SNR MM||78 dB|
|Input impedances MC||80,160,400,800,1200,1600,2000 Ohm /56dB
20,40,100,200,300,400,600 Ohm /62dB
5,10,25,50,75,100,150 Ohm /68dB
|Gain MC||56 dB – 62 dB – 68 dB|
|SNR MC||74 dB|
|Harmonic distortion||< 0.05% (1kHz)|
|RIAA-equalisation||20 Hz-20 kHz / ±0,3 dB|
|Power||230 V, 50 Hz / 100 VA|
|Dimensions (w x h x d)||435 x 122 x 350 mm|