Join our Facebook community, become a fan and receive news instantly.
The CANOR TP134
- The CANOR TP134 is an integrated tube amplifier with EL34 high-power tubes in ultralinear connection which operates in pure class A up to 10W per channel.
- Massive welded metal structure eliminates mechanical vibrations.
- Along with all our products, also in the TP134 amplifier we use our premium CMT ™ technology (CANOR ® PCB Milling Technology), it is the way we mill printed circuit boards.
- CMT ™ technology originated in a long-standing endeavour to improve the sonic performance of our products.
- CMT ™ technology allows us to get nearer the dielectric loss factors (loss tangent) of printed circuit boards to the loss factor of air, because in tube wirings high impedances are being used, and every tangent deterioration (likewise in capacitors) does hurt sonic imaging.
- Thanks to this technology we managed to get to the parameter level of the so-called “wire to wire connections“, only with a use of very expensive and high-quality wires with teflon insulation. We can keep to the parameters in repetitive production with 100% geometric distribution (which is impossible in “wire to wire”).
- The TP134 is the first amplifier in our product line in which for volume control a relay attenuator is being used, instead of standard potentiometer. This kind of volume control is being used in competing amplifiers but in a much higher price range. We were developing this attenuator for more than a year, and were trying various principles of T-network and PI-network of different impedances untill we had developed attenuator that is up to the standard we required, namely, gain management up to 1dB, minimum attenuation 63dB, as smallest number of contacts through which signal passes through, for instance by similar solution, but from T-network, signal passes through 12 relay contacts, and always independently of selected volume. Our solution demonstrates signal passing through 0 up to 6 relay contacts depending upon volume.
- This solution has proven to be the best also in listening and audible tests we had carried out. Deviation between concurrence of left and right channel of attenuator is lower than 0.05dB, which is two times better as best potentiometers perform.
- We have achieved 6dB better crosstalk by using additional tube shielding, along with general topology of the printed circuit board and the CMT ™ technology, compared to the best topologies of other manufacturers. This parameter delivers soundstage of a recording as was meant to be.
- Management section which manages the entire amplifier (input switching, volume control, soft-start of the whole amplifier) is fed and separated by standalone winding – control processor turns on for a short while when input or volume is changed – subsequently the control processor turns off itself, and thus cannot cause interference of audio signal.
- Primary and secondary winding is separated by grounded copper foil (with double shielding) which prevents penetration of noise voltages from the mains.
- Anode voltage is rectified by vacuum diodes and is filtered by capacitors with high capacitance which deliver energy to accurate and tight basses.
- One of the most important parts of a tube amplifier, an output transformer, has several bifilar windings which are lined up in sections to maximise power bandwidth.
- In the signal path, only high-quality Mundorf polypropylene capacitors are used.
- Input and output terminals are gold-plated.
- We have developed unique measuring and test devices to maintain long durability and stability of audio vacuum tubes on which we select and match only the best tube pieces.
- After debugging and burning-in, the tube amplifiers are being measured on the Audio Precision analogue test device.
- All aluminium models are manufactured in black and in silver finish. Both machines are equipped with unified remote control.
First available photos:
|Output power||2 x 35 W / 4,8 Ohm|
|Inputs sensitivity||400 mV / 35 W / 1 kHz|
|Frequency range||20 – 20 000 Hz ±0.1 dB / 5 Watt|
|Inputs impedance||30 kOhm|
|Harmonic distortion||< 0.15% /5W|
|Signal-to-noise ratio||93 dB|
|Tube complement||4x 12AT7(ECC81), 4x EL34|
|Power||230 V / 50-60 Hz|
|Dimensions (w x h x d)||435 x 170 x 390 mm|