Canor Virtus I2
Integrated Tube AmplifierPremium Line
The Virtus I2 is a new-generation tube amplifier that utilizes KT88 high-power tubes and features an entirely new topology.
The goal of its development was to enhance the superior sound quality of the previous model version. This amplifier runs in a pure class A with an auto-bias function, as well as cathode feedback.
The "Virtus" was a specific virtue in Ancient Rome and it carries connotations of valour, manliness, excellence, courage, character, and worth, perceived as masculine strengths.
Canor products use only carefully chosen and matched tubes. We subject all tubes to a 200-hour burn-in process and rigorous testing, selection, and pairing to ensure optimal performance.
To eliminate mechanical hum, the transformer core undergoes vacuum impregnation and is encapsulated in a special anti-vibration compound. Furthermore, the transformer is enclosed in a sturdy, welded cover that provides excellent electromagnetic shielding and enhances the signal-to-noise ratio.
To prevent interference from external voltage sources, the primary and secondary windings are separated by a copper foil shield with a 50% overlap.
To enhance both performance and sound quality, you can make a monoblock connection of two Virtus I2 units using a data cable. One of the units will function as the "master" while the other will serve as the "slave". This is referred to as the bridge connection of two amplifiers, which utilizes a fully symmetrical connection.
The Canor Virtus I2 features a Voltage Stabilization Circuit (VSC) that constantly monitors the input voltage and switches to the appropriate input transformer winding accordingly. The input transformer has three primary windings - 230V, 240V and 250V. This ensures optimal performance and extends the lifespan of the tubes.
The attenuator provides a gain control of 1dB, minimum attenuation of 63 dB. The designed solution demonstrates signal passing through 0 up to 6 relay contacts depending upon volume. The deviation between the sync of the left and right channels of the attenuator is lower than 0.05 dB, this outclasses even the best potentiometers.
The relay attenuator has two separate blocks for each channel, resulting in even better channel separation. This type of volume control is typically found in more expensive amplifiers but has been proven to be the best option in listening and audible tests.
The Virtus I2 utilizes our advanced CMT ™ technology (CANOR ® PCB Milling Technology) for optimal performance. The CMT™ technology allows us to get the dielectric loss factors (loss tangent) of PCB close to the loss factor of air. Thanks to this technology we managed to get repeatedly to the parameter level of the so-called “wire-to-wire connections“.
- an integrated tube amplifier operating in class A, providing an output power of 2 x 40 W
- KT88 high-power tubes with autobias with a cathode feedback
- an option to switch between triode and ultra-linear mode instantly
- PCB’s utilize our premium CMT ™ technology
- perfect channel separation using a relay attenuator that features individual blocks for each channel. The gain control is in increments of 1 dB and attenuates up to 63 dB
- the independently powered control part
- capacitors with high capacitance in the filter provide energy for precise and well-defined bass
- the signal path exclusively contains high-quality polypropylene capacitors
- precise selection and pairing of the tubes meeting above-average parameters
- the synchronous control option allows the use of two amplifiers in a monoblock mode without the need for an extra preamplifier. This Master/Slave mode has an output power of 80 W per channel
|Output power||2 x 40 W /4,8 Ω – ultralinear
2 x 20 W /4,8 Ω – triode
|Gain||-30 dB (at 8 Ω)
-28 dB (at 4 Ω)
|Inputs sensitivity||500 mV|
|Frequency range||(10 – 50 000) Hz ±0,5 dB / 5 W|
|Input impedance||30 kΩ|
|Inputs||4 x RCA, 2 x XLR (XLR are active in monoblock connection only)|
|Outputs||1 x RCA Line-out (Line fix)|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||<0,05% / 1 kHz, 5 W|
|Signal-to-noise ratio||> 95 dB|
|Filtration capacity||2200uF / 500V|
|Damping factor at 4 Ω load at the output||9 (based on measured output impedance)|
|Damping factor at 8 Ω load at the output||10,5 (based on measured output impedance)|
|Tube complement||4 x KT88 / 1 x 12AX7 / 2 x 12AT7|
|Power||230 V / 50 Hz / 375 VA|
|Dimensions (w x h x d)||435 x 170 x 485 mm|
|Weight (net)||26 kg|